73RD098G Oregon Ripping saw chain 3/8 pitch 058 gauge 98 drive link
Frawleys Saw Shop - loggerchain.net
73RD098G / 73RD098 Oregon RipCut chainsaw chain Ripping saw Rip cut chain for 30" cutting length bar
- This chain is 3/8 standard pitch, .058 gauge (1.5mm), and 98 drive link
- The 73RD Ripping RipCut Saw Chain is specifically made for ripping (making cuts parallel to the wood grain).
- Any sawmill worker will tell you that the Ripping chain is different from all other saw chains. You need a special kind of chain like this for ripping cuts, the kind that transforms raw timber into boards and planks used in homes and cabins.
- Oregon RipCut is designed specifically for chain-type mills, producing smooth cuts with extreme efficiency. RipCut's precise ripping cuts give you a smooth surface every time you cut parallel to the wood grain.
- LubriTec keeps your chain and guide bar oiled for less friction and longer life
- Exclusive OCS-01 Steel provides greater durability
- For saw sizes 50-100 cc
- For ripping cuts only. Do not use it for any type of cutting other than ripping.
- 73RD chain has a special ripping application grind for making dimensional boards and plank from larger timber.
- This chain is designed to be used on chain-type sawmills and is not recommended for hand-held use.
- Sharpens at 10 degrees with 7/32" file (part#_70502_)
- Maintain depth gauge at .025 clearance
If you have a 73, A2, 77 (54, 48, 42, 81, or 48 in Husqvarna) stamped on your drive link, and there are 98 drive links on the current chain or bar info (3/8 058 98DL) is matched, then this chain will fit your saw.
Description - This product can expose you to chemicals including Nickel, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
WARNING This professional saw chain may be capable of kickback that could result in serious injury to the chainsaw operator or bystanders. Do not use this saw chain unless you have experience and specialized training for dealing with kickbacks. A saw chain with reduced kickback potential may be available.